Can't reboot

Post by Sebastien KREM » Sat, 18 Nov 1995 04:00:00

My problem is that I can't  reboot with a Ctrl-Alt-Del if nobody is logged on.
The system hangs up and I must make a hard reboot, without unmounting the
disks (Argh!).
I have Linux 1.3.30 from Slackware 3.0

Does somebody have an idea?

/-----------------------+--------------------------------+--------------\

| Ecole Centrale Paris  |http://www.cti.ecp.fr/~kremers7 |   IRC: Kesta |
\-----------------------+--------------------------------+--------------/

1. 'reboot' sometimes reboots my machine!!

Problem:

'reboot' _sometimes_ causes my machine to reboot! Note emphasis on
"sometimes."  The rest of the time, it just hangs ("system halted").
This random behaviour is consistently random for reboot, shutdown, and
halt. 'reboot -q' is also just as random.

Config info: Linux 0.99 pl10+ (MCC Interim Distribution), 386 SX/16
with 2meg RAM, 40meg IDE, and 1989 AMI BIOS.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

--

Louisiana Tech University BSEE/Sr  * All rights reserved. No warranty, etc

2. useradd in bash not working.

3. It's not bad canned meat...

4. 38400 or 57600 baud, which to use? With what FIFO trigger setting?

5. Linux + 95 + NT

6. PC does not reboot after `shutdown -r now/reboot'

7. 1.1.13 Network Problems

8. server reboot, client can't umount w/o reboot - help!

9. Reboot doesn't reboot

10. my PC doesn't reboot after "reboot" or "ctrl-alt-del"

11. m80 will 'boot' but won't 'reboot'

12. reboot error reboot error reboot error