HELP: 3-Serial Ports ("Input/output error")

HELP: 3-Serial Ports ("Input/output error")

Post by Reg Cleme » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

This is one of those 'I had it working this weekend, but broke it'
stories.

OK, For some experiments I need 3 serial ports.
The motherboard has two.
I popped out the soundblaster on IRQ5, and put in a serial board
with only one port enabled, that on IRQ5.

in rc.serial I put
        /bin/setserial /dev/ttyS2 irq 5

So far so good, I can open the port, but any attempt to
do a tcgetattr or tcsetattr to set the serial port parameters
gets a
        Input/output error

error message.

PLEASE, anyone who has made this work, WHAT AM I MISSING????

[ It really DID work this last weekend, and I did ZIP then,
   no setserial, no nothing, but I was running a kernel where
   I had modified a couple of #defines in serial.c to try to
   get the driver to handle more than one port on one IRQ ].

--
                                        Reg.Clemens

1. Setial Port Error "Input/output error"

My modem (on ttyS1) was working fine for dial-up PPP w/ RedHat 6.1's RC3
program.

One time when I was trying to hang up, the modem stayed online.
After rebooting, the programs that use the modem all return "Input/output
error"

Is there some way for me to manually reset the serial port?  Any idea as
to what is wrong?

2. please help me x windows problem

3. Serial problem "TIOCMGET failed: Input/output error"

4. Vfat and umask

5. HP-UX Career Opportunity in Melbourne

6. Type "(", ")" and "{", "}" in X...

7. Accounting system for Linux

8. HELP need to restore old tape... but "Input/output error!"

9. PPP error msg "tcgetattr: Input/output error"

11. pppd: "Couldn't get channel number: Input/output error"

12. Taylor UUCP in RH5.0:"Cannot disable hardware flow control.Input/Output error"