? Setting up a relaying mail-server ?

Post by Darin Dela » Fri, 29 May 1998 04:00:00

Can anyone refer me to the apropriate resources (howtos, aso.) for setting
up my
linux box so i will be able to connect to it with my second pc's
email-client in order to send mail to the
box as well as to the internet, and to retrieve the mail within the box
(like messages generated by timer-
triggered actions)... Anyway it would only properly work while the box is
ppp-connected to my isp's.
I don't have any routed ip addresses except my dynamically assigned one and
i have no real domain name either.
While my box has no internet-connection it would sendmail (8.8.8) take
fortunes to finally accept the mail data... that is, to reply to the "RCPT

address is ok, and it will relay the mail. I think I might have made some
mistakes setting up sendmail, but I wouldn't know what exactly.

If anyone's experienced with that issue I could really need a hand out here.
:)

Thanks so far.

Robert
(

? Setting up a relaying mail-server ?

Post by Robert B?h » Fri, 29 May 1998 04:00:00

- Please excuse the incorrect user data of my original post... it is fixed
now... -

Robert

Quote:>Can anyone refer me to the apropriate resources (howtos, aso.) for setting
>up my

.
.
.