ERROR: Open Output File, DETAIL: 0 FILE: SystemCmd.cc LINE 484

ERROR: Open Output File, DETAIL: 0 FILE: SystemCmd.cc LINE 484

Post by Remk » Wed, 30 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Hello,

After a couple of allnighters I figured I throw it on the net:

I'm trying to put a minimal SuSE distr. on an old laptop: Toshiba T2200SX,
386SX, mem 4MB, HD 61 MB via a null modem with Dos Interlnk.

I set up hda1 for linux native 50 MB, hda2 1MB swap, hda3 10MB Dos. On Dos I
have the SuSE directory with the stuff from Cdrom. I install from a boot
disk with YaST. All works fine untill the actual installation. I just quits
and gives:

ERROR: Open Output File, DETAIL: 0   FILE: SystemCmd.cc LINE 484

This leaves me puzzled...   ':-?   Especially because it worked before when
I had native 43 swap 8 Dos 10 (but then it wouln't fit). Is the lack of
mem/swap causing this or is there something else going wrong? There is
probably a better way of getting linux in this little box...

Or should I just kiss my little girl goodnight and have some QT with my
wife...
If you hadn't noticed allready, I'm new at this...

Remko

1. How to make CC output like cc output?

I am using the Sun Solaris 7 system and SC4.2. I have written a minor
boatload of C wrapper code for some C++ functions.  These C functions
are bundled in a DLL on Windows and a I am
now porting them to Solaris.  I then access the C functions from
Smalltalk using the virtual machine primitive interface.  It works
flawlessly on NT. so, I figured it should work just as easily on
Solaris.

When I build a simple sample function and global variable and compile
using 'cc', the resulting 'libsample.so' works beautifully!  I can see
the entry points for 'MyGlobalInteger' and 'myFunction' as I should.

However, since my real C code is really wrapping C++ code and linking in
C++ libraries, I need to compile using 'CC'.  I tried using 'CC' on just
the sample below and I can no longer 'see' my entry points.  I assume
that the output format of 'CC' is in a format that the Smalltalk VM
(black box) cannot decode.

I ran 'nm -g libsample.so' to see if the names were mangled - they were
not.  Is there a compiler option that will force CC output to be written
in the same format in the .so as the cc writes?  Or is there some prefix
I need to add before the functions/globals so the compiler at least
makes the entry points available in the same manner as 'cc'? For
instance, on Windows I use '__declspec(dllexport)'.

Any pointers to which doc to look at or options to try are welcome.  I'm
at the point now where I can't tell if I'm really close to a solution or
grasping at straws! <g>

Thanks,
John

My test source file (sample.c) looks like:

        /* a global variable */
        unsigned int MyGlobalInteger = 42;

        /* a global function */
        int myFunction(void)
        {
                return 0;
        }

2. ANH-6910/FXST Support?

3. video/mpegurl

4. Perl script log file output has duplicate copies of output lines

5. rsync says some files can not be transferred

6. bsmtp problem can't open file & Can't create output: Error 0

7. upgrade gotcha (3.1 to 3.2)

8. file manipulation to get several output file out of 1 file

9. OpenWin Filemgr: 'cannot open file: too many files open' ?

10. The GIMP error mesg (can't open file as "xwd" file)

11. inn error - too many open files writing to article file

12. how to direct standard output and error output to the same file in tcsh