(Q) Kernel version changed after setting up dual-boot!

(Q) Kernel version changed after setting up dual-boot!

Post by Tom ONei » Fri, 03 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Greetings all;
 I was running slackware 3.2 kernel 2.0.29 and fighting mightily with
sound - long story.
 I loaded Redhat 4.1 kernel 2.0.27 and set it up to boot either one, or
so I thought. They are on 2 separate disks, sharing only swap. One is
SCSI (slackware) one is IDE (Redhat).
 When I boot slackware, my ethernet card won't load - it says (after
playing around a bit) that the module is for kernel 2.0.29 and I have
2.0.27!! What happened? The slackware install was stable for months and
played rather well with the lan setup I have.
 Any insight would be most welcome.
                Tom
--

   HP-UX1# restarting braind....
   HP-UX1# /usr/lib/intelligence not found. core dumped.