Trantor SCSI install problem

Post by cary.spang.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I am trying to install Red Hat 6.1 on an old 486 with a SCSI CDROM. The
controller I have is a Trantor T130 which is based on the NCR 53C400.
The boot disk does not manage to find the SCSI board. I have tried to
add the "linux 53c400=0x350,5" option at the boot prompt but this
doesn't help. I end up at a window with "Install your driver disk". I
have tried to put a floppy with the 53c400 driver in the drive but I get
the error message that the disk does not appear to be a valid driver
disk for this version of Red Hat. I cannot find any references to driver
disks in the Red Hat documentation or in any how-tos. How can I make the
install find my CDROM?

1. Help installing with Trantor scsi and Rio CD

A friend of mine is going slowly mad trying to get Linux to install.
He has a PAS 3D SCSI (trantor chipset) and Reno drive.

Does the install process care what scsi ident string is returned from
the CD drive?  If so, we can get ahold of a more common NEC CD drive
to try.

Does Linux recognize the Trantor scsi controller?  If so, do we just
need a different boot floppy?

Any and all information welcome.  He's getting a little testy...

Thanks in advance.

                        Ron
--
"When we look back at the 1990's, some true ironies will become glaringly
apparent.  That we dehumanized and labeled people in the name of equality,

2. WANTED: Dockit

3. Installing Slackware 2.3 via Trantor Parallel SCSI Cable

4. /dev/lp ????

5. trouble installing Slackware Pro with Trantor 130b SCSI Card

6. pci1130 cardbus bridge is not assigned an IRQ

7. NEC 160 SCSI == Trantor SCSI T160??

8. network monitor shell script

9. problem with trantor t130b scsi adaptor

10. Trantor T130B SCSI problems

11. trantor t130b scsi controler problem

12. problem with sony 55e cd-rom and trantor t130b scsi adaptor

13. problem with trantor t130b scsi adaptor