Screen Redraw Problems & Zip drive help

Post by DANIEL JOSEPH LEWI » Tue, 16 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Hello all!

I have gotten RH5.2 to set up and start the
X server, however, I can't drag windows around
the screen without them getting mangled.

Any thoughts?  I have not updated to the latest
XFree86 yet.  If I need to, then I need help
getting my parallel port Zip drive connected.

All help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan Lewis

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download

1. HELP: IDE ZIP drive and Red hat, cannot access Zip drive

Hi Linux friends,

I have a IDE ZIPdrive and want to use it under Linux
Currently I have Redhat 4.1 installed.

During start-up it finds my IDE zip at /dev/hdc (/dev/hdb
is my IDE cdrom), however any attempt to mount a disk or to access with
mtools failed. Mtools gives me a read error, with obscure messages like
hdc: packect command error: status=0x51 error=0x50.... (sigh)

Do I have to upgrade to Redhat 5.0. I read somewhere that it might work.
Does anybody has more experience with this matter and hence could
anybody give me some valuable advice, before I run to the store and buy
redhat 5.0 or get myself a scsi ZIP drive.

Thanx guys,

Hans Kramer

2. startx error (NOT for root though)

3. Dotty Screen Redraws using XFREE86_S3 - Help Needed

4. Wireless PCI LAN for SuSE 8.1?

5. Screen redraw problems

6. what causes broken pipe?

7. lib and screen redraw problems

8. WordPerfect 8 problem in RedHat 5.2

9. Zip Zoom Cards & Zip Drives

10. Zip Zoom & SCSI Zip Drive

11. PLEASE HELP: Zip drive & mtools

12. Help: How do i get files from my zip drive & Matrox g200 x-server install....

13. Zip Drive & PPA help needed!