Kernel time - 'date' not correct

Post by Dan Warre » Tue, 12 May 1998 04:00:00

Can someone tell me why my CMOS time is correct (shows correct in
/var/log/messages) but the date command shows the time off by 5 hours.
This throws the time in my e-mails off.  How can I make them the same
time?  I think my TZ variable is set but don't know how to find out
where.

Thanks

Dan Warren
Design Dimensions

1. 'date' and 'clock' show different times

Dear All,

   The time that the 'date' and 'clock' commands show
 are different (exactly an hour). I have used the commands
 timeconfig, setclock, date and clock commands to fix it
 but I couldn't. A friend in this group told me to check
 the timezone and I used 'timeconfig' to do this but still
 the times shown by these commands are different.
   I am using RedHat 5. Even with the clock in the control-
 panel I couldn't fix this problem.
   Any help or advice would be gratefully appreciated.

   Please send a copy of your reply to my email-box if
 possible.

   Regards - Hossein

2. psaux not recognized

3. time difference between 'date' & 'cron'

4. Really wierd floppy problems

5. Process START times (ps aux) don't agree with 'date'

6. ID/Password and audit logs

7. Calculating yesterday's date using GNU 'date' (was Re: Require a script)

8. ATI acceleration

9. IPC not keeping correct time or date.

10. How do I make file creation time same as shown by 'date' command

11. 'who' command not giving the correct users

12. 'uname' is not updated after installing new '2.4.20' kernel??

13. What's the time difference between 2 date/times?