X-Windows-no valid modes?

Post by MOK » Thu, 08 Jan 1998 04:00:00

I have an AST Power Premium 4/25s.
It has a standard VGA card built into the Motherboard.

I have used XF86Setup to configure and I select "Generic VGA"
with the 16 color server, and 8514 compatible monitor ( I have 8515).

It loads X-windows to test and everything seems OK.  I click OK.

Then I try startx and it says "no valid modes found" and exits.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong here?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
-Matt

--

"And you run, and you run to catch up with the Sun, but its
 sinking.  Racing around to come up behind you again." -PF

1. X-Windows-no valid modes?

I have an AST Power Premium 4/25s.
It has a standard VGA card built into the Motherboard.

I have used XF86Setup to configure and I select "Generic VGA"
with the 16 color server, and 8514 compatible monitor ( I have 8515).

It loads X-windows to test and everything seems OK.  I click OK.

Then I try startx and it says "no valid modes found" and exits.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong here?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
-Matt

--

"And you run, and you run to catch up with the Sun, but its
 sinking.  Racing around to come up behind you again." -PF

2. Pilot Sync Problem

3. X-Windows error: No valid modes found...

4. Current time on the command line in ksh

5. xfstt and suse6.2

6. Fatal server error: no valid modes found

7. Redhat RPM & Slackware3.0

8. newbie problem: no valid mode found

9. Fatal Error, No Valid Modes

10. XFree 3.3.3 complains no valid modes.

11. Not finding any valid modes(X)

12. upgraded X, complains no valid modes found... using I128 server and stampede linux