Linix on IBM Aptiva with MWave sound card/modem

Linix on IBM Aptiva with MWave sound card/modem

Post by rk » Wed, 03 Jan 1996 04:00:00

Has anyone successfully configured Linux on an IBM Aptiva with
MWave Sound Card/28K Modem?  If so, I'd really love to hear from
you.

I've got my system up and running with X-Windows (though I had to
use the vga-16 X-Server because the SVGA one doesn't seem to support
the Trident 9680igx chip) but am having problems on the TCP/IP end.

My main problem is that I can't get Linux to talk to the modem.
The modem is configured on Comm Port 1 on /dev/cua0 and the
setserial -bg /dev/cua0 or setserial -bg /dev/modem commands both
tell me the proper IRQ and address.  I'm running out of ideas here.

The system is using the IBM MWave Sound Card and modem (all wrapped
into one).  Is this hardware supported?  If not, is it in the works?
Do I need a later version of Linux?  (I'm using the one supplied in
the August Infomagic release)

I'm thinking that perhaps I am running into a problem due to the
fact that I have a Sound Card and modem all in one.

Well if anyone has any information or ideas, I sure would appreciate
it.  I've been spinning my wheels for days.

Thanks in advance and apologies if I left out some crucial piece
of information...

- Pat

= Patrick E. Martin    | I do not speak for AT&T and vice versa.  |