harddisk installation problems with redhat 5.2

harddisk installation problems with redhat 5.2

Post by Heijne » Wed, 03 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I recently downloaded redhat 5.2 from a ftp server. I've downloaded the
RPMS, base, images, instimage, dosutils and some howto's. i've created the
bootdisks with rawrite. Boot goes fine, make the 2 partitions goes also
fine. But then I'm asked for the directory containing the installation
files. I've put those on a dos fat16 partition in the directory redhat, and
the other dirs as subdir. If I enter that path, I get a message frive hda5
doesn't contain a redhat installation tree.

Does anybody know what I did wrong????

Raven1506

harddisk installation problems with redhat 5.2

There is a install path problem.  See the RH site of an update.

--

1. How to do HARDDISK INSTALLATION for Redhat 5.2?

Dear Sir

I want to do HARDDISK installation for Redhat 5.2

I have already copied the Redhat directory (RPM and base) to the C
drive. However, after boot up the system by the boot up disk and
supplementary disk, the system say cannot find my RedHat tree.

Why? What is the reason behind? Any technique to copy the RedHat tree to
the hard disk?

Please reply! URGENT! Thanks a lot!

Yours
Matthew

2. web-based threaded discussion package

3. RedHat 5.2 : No redhat installation tree found !!!

4. Is there a way to do this? vitual file = pipe to command

5. setup of Redhat 5.2 from harddisk

6. apache1.3.2/linux virtual domain

7. Newbie installing RedHat 5.2 from harddisk...

8. how to get it multiuser

9. HELP me PLEASE!! - RedHat 5.2 installation problems

10. re : Redhat 5.2 Installation from FTP problem

11. Redhat 5.2 Installation Problems on Dell Precision 610

12. Help! SCSI problem w/ Redhat 5.2 installation...

13. Linux Newbie, Installation Problems with Redhat 5.2