Furute Domain 950 8 bit SCSI problems with install

Furute Domain 950 8 bit SCSI problems with install

Post by John Ga » Sun, 04 Feb 1996 04:00:00

I have a Future Domain 950 SCSI card with an older 8 bit bios (the card is 16
bit bus).  LILO refuses to find the card and reports that it is looking for
it on interrupt 5. My card only supports irq's 10, 11, 12, 14 and 15 via
jumpers. Any suggestions besides getting a new card. Under DOS and Windows I
overlay a Future Domain 16 bit bios but this isn't possible with LILO.

PS I have installed Linux on my other system but I wanted to use this second
computer exclusively for Linux with the 950 card.

                        Thanks

Post by Roger Boo » Tue, 06 Feb 1996 04:00:00

> I have a Future Domain 950 SCSI card with an older 8 bit bios (the card is 16
> bit bus).  LILO refuses to find the card and reports that it is looking for
> it on interrupt 5. My card only supports irq's 10, 11, 12, 14 and 15 via
> jumpers. Any suggestions besides getting a new card. Under DOS and Windows I
> overlay a Future Domain 16 bit bios but this isn't possible with LILO.
> PS I have installed Linux on my other system but I wanted to use this second
> computer exclusively for Linux with the 950 card.
>                         Thanks

Mine works fine.  I don't think you have a lilo problem, you need to
give a command-line parameter to the kernal.

<kernal-name> <card_setup>

ie.

Mine is

vmlinuz tmc8xx=0xca000,5

the ca000 is the base address of the card, make sure you use as many
positions as I did (Ie 0xc0000 or 0xd0000), the 5 is the interrupt, use
yours.

Roger

1. TMC-950 (Future Domain) SCSI Card Problems....

I have a TMC-950 card that was donated to me with some dirves. First,
sometimes when the system boots, at the card BIOS load point, it will
just sit there for ever and you need to restart a couple of times to
make it go. Then it will go just fine. It was in another computer
(card/drive) and worked flausly which means hardware is OK (i think) the
other thing it does, I have it in a P133, when the system boots w/o the
scsi card, it says 133MHz, with the card it says 125
MHz....Help??????.....but, when I load the Future Domains scsi module
(the module is supported in the kernal compile) it says no scsi drives
found and the HOWTO says to check if scsi bios is loading, which I'm not
sure of, but theres some kinda bios loading right after my 3c509 card
which the SCSI card is doing (not sure what)......

Anyway....this crap was really weird and I'm kinda stumped....

Ideas

Thanks

Dave

2. reading the console

3. Help -- SCSI, Future Domain TMC-950

4. Full Duplex sound with ES1869 sound card

5. Future Domain TMC-950 SCSI controller

6. FreeBSD 2.1.5 user's database -> Solaris 2.5.1 ?

7. Future Domain TMC-950 SCSI controller question

8. rc.local problem

9. Future Domain 950 SCSI Controller

10. IBM EduQuest SCSI (Future Domain TMC-950) Settings

11. Future Domain TMC-950 SCSI support

12. Future Domain SCSI Controller TMC-950?

13. Future Domain 950 SCSI adapter support.