URGENT (NOT NEWBIE) Sendmail is Asking for libgd.so.2

URGENT (NOT NEWBIE) Sendmail is Asking for libgd.so.2

Post by Habib Gonzal » Wed, 04 Oct 1995 04:00:00

Hello All!

Just reinstalled Linux with Slackware 3.0 . The sendmail it comes with is
asking for libgd.so.2.
I tried running my old sendmail, and it did the same thing. I have not been
able to find this lib anywhere.

WHAT COULD IT BE???

NE Way...

Thanks in advance.
PLEASE RESPOND IN EMAIL!!!!

Ben

URGENT (NOT NEWBIE) Sendmail is Asking for libgd.so.2

Post by Pete Palm » Thu, 05 Oct 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>Hello All!

>Just reinstalled Linux with Slackware 3.0 . The sendmail it comes with is
>asking for libgd.so.2.
>I tried running my old sendmail, and it did the same thing. I have not been
>able to find this lib anywhere.

>WHAT COULD IT BE???

>NE Way...

>Thanks in advance.
>PLEASE RESPOND IN EMAIL!!!!

I did.  Pat Volkerding pointed to the d6/libc.tgz file.
Thanks Pat!!

Post by DYE J » Fri, 06 Oct 1995 04:00:00

: Hello All!

: Just reinstalled Linux with Slackware 3.0 . The sendmail it comes with is
: asking for libgd.so.2.
: I tried running my old sendmail, and it did the same thing. I have not been
: able to find this lib anywhere.

I think it might be in the d disk set, check everything in there.  I had
the same error before I installed d and n.  I would doubt that it would
be in 'n' ;)

-Blaine

: WHAT COULD IT BE???

: NE Way...

: Thanks in advance.
: PLEASE RESPOND IN EMAIL!!!!

: Ben

--
D.O.A.   =>  We want to create a world so free...  WE CAN RUN WILD!

http://sentex.net/~blaine

1. Missing libgd.so.1(linuxconf)& "not signed" Cups package

I used the icon on drafeconf to go to the Mandrake ftp site for
upgrades to lm 7.2, primarily to get the final KDE 2.0. Used
the "normal updates" and got a list of app's that have also been
updated since I purchased the retail package 2 weeks ago. Most of them
directly affected the version I purchased so I downloaded and installed
most of them. I then ran into TWO major problems, which I can't quite
figure out the cause nor answer for.

There was an significant upgrade for Linuxconf which I downloaded. Upon
installing it gave me a error "libgd.so.1 missing" and gave me an
option of force or cancel. I choose force and now I cannot get
Linuxconf to run at all. HOW is this possible? Since Linuxconf is such
a major component of lm7.2, it obviously is crucial that it is able to
run. What happened and how can it be fixed (VERY HIGH PRIORITY!!!!!)

There was also a  significant upgrade for the Cups package 1.1.4.-
7.1mdk which I downloaded. Upon installation it gave an error stating
that the package cannot be upgraded because it is not signed. ??????
Don't have a clue..... What is going on? AND what can be done to fix it?

NOTE: FYI,I looked at the description of every file on the "upgrade
list" from the site and saw that there was a upgrade for Rpmdrake. It
was worded rather stongly that because there were problems with
packages in the past, this should be downloaded and installed asap.
This was the first download and install that I did.

Thank you and I hope to hear from anyone shortly. Please.... I think I
remember seeing something about both these issues on forums sometime
back but I have tried and cannot locate it.

Also, since the "upgrade" now when I use the Gnome desktop, it tells me
that the aRts soundserver is not running/started. Does anyone have any
thoughts/ideas on this? Thanks again.

--
"A good listener is worth a thousand words"

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

2. where's IPIP tunneling documents?

3. libgd.so.1 not found with LinuxPPC2000

4. zsh users mailing list

5. linuxconf - libgd.so.1 not found

6. Diffs to compile kernel under elf

7. libgd.so.1

8. Window Maker problem

9. network down; libgd.so.1 AWOL

10. help: linuxconf-1.12r5-6rh RPM won't install without libgd.so.1

11. Whereis libgd.so.x?

12. libgd.so.1 and php mod?

13. ? libgd.so.1