Internal Modem Setup

Post by go.. » Thu, 13 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Hi,
        I have a 28.8K internal modem (US Robotics) that I am having trouble
getting to answer incoming calls. I have followed the HOW-TO document and
uugetty is running but it never answers. I set the modem up as COM3 and
irq 5 and am using setserial to configure the modem. Is there a "magic" setting
that I am missing. I just need to answer incoming calls and do not require
dial out capabilties. BTW, the version of Linux is 1.2.9. Thanks.

David A. Gonzales
UNLV/HRC

"Roses are Red,
 Violets are Blue,
 I have '95, it's called OS/2!"
=============== Comments care of the Bumblefungus Research Institute =============

1. GW2000 internal modem setup

I'm having a difficult time configuring linux to recognize the internal
modem that came with my new Gateway 2000 machine.

In Windoze 95, the modem is configured on COM2 on default IRQ and port
settings.

I've tried using /dev/cua1 with the same IRQ and port settings, setting
to uart 16550A (the modem specifies uart 16550AN, perhaps there is an
incompatability).  I went to kermit, and tried to "set line /dev/cua1"
and got an error message.

I tried using setserial /dev/cua? autoconfig on each of COM2-COM4 and
nothing turned up.  I was told that it could be a Plug'N Play
incompatability.  I used <SETUP> to set Plug'N'Play to manual
configuration, to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  As you can imagine, it's very
frustrating having to reboot to Win95 before getting online.

Thanks,

Dan

2. creating linux install diskettes from CD

3. Linux Internal Modem Setup

4. How to Test Hard Drive Integrity?

5. Internal modem setup (ISA PnP)

6. Solstice Backup questions

7. HELP: Internal Modem Setup v2.6 x86

8. X newsreader?

9. Internal Modem setup

10. Free SCO internal modem setup

11. internal modem setup

12. Diamond internal modem setup

13. Turtle Beach Montego II sound card and V90 internal modem setup