help on setting up HP cp1700 printer!

Post by Yu Che » Thu, 11 Apr 2002 11:13:25

Hi, all

We just bought a HP color jet cp1700 printer (I was told it's a
postscript printer, is it?), we are using redhat 7.1, I would like it be
a network printer, we give it a IP, in /etc/printcap, it looks like
this:

hpcptext|hpcpt|HP cp1700 text:\
        :lp=:\
        :rm=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:\
        :rp=text:\
        :lf=/usr/spool/hp4simx/text/errorlog:\
        :sd=/usr/spool/hp4simx/text/:\
        :sh:\
        :rs:\
        :mx#0:
hpcps|hpcppcl|hpcphpgl|hpcp_ps|hpcp_pcl|HP cp1700 postscript:\
        :lp=:\
        :mx#0:\
        :rm=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:\
        :rp=raw:\
        :lf=/usr/spool/hp4simx/raw/errorlog:\
        :sd=/usr/spool/hp4simx/raw:\
        :sh:\
        :rs:

I can use lpr -Phcpt to print out text files, but when I use lpr -Phcps
to print out a postscript file, it just print out garbage. I am new on
Linux and printing, your help are highly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Sincerely

Yu Chen

1. Help installing HP cp1700 printer

[...]

2. Linux on a DELL Latitude XPi

3. help with setting up an HP IID laser printer in Rehat 7

4. Allow mpage.c to build

5. Help setting up HP-Thinkjet printer

6. Possible Hardware problems??

7. Help with setting up HP Deskjet printer

8. Library to handle tiff format images?

9. help! Setting up a HP 693c printer.

10. Help with setting up HP T45xi Printer

11. HELP - Newbie setting up HP IID printer

12. Need help to set up HP 5Si MX printer

13. Help setting up Samba Server with HP Laserjet 1000 USB Printer