ppp died after connecting to isp: need help

ppp died after connecting to isp: need help

Post by Matt » Mon, 03 May 1999 04:00:00

When I run kppp in SUsE from kde it dies unexpectedly. I've tried to comment
out "lock" in /etc/ppp/options but get the same results.I can issue a
command from root to dial my ISP and then check /var/log/ppp and everything
looks ok.My ISP uses dynamic IP and PAP.I also have a network card installed
for future connect to a LAN.
   I'm kinda stumped. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

        Thanks Matt

ppp died after connecting to isp: need help

Post by Ferdinand V. Mendoz » Tue, 04 May 1999 04:00:00

In your kppp, look for the ppp tab and change the default
timeout (30 sec) to a bit higher value. It may work.

> When I run kppp in SUsE from kde it dies unexpectedly. I've tried to comment
> out "lock" in /etc/ppp/options but get the same results.I can issue a
> command from root to dial my ISP and then check /var/log/ppp and everything
> looks ok.My ISP uses dynamic IP and PAP.I also have a network card installed
> for future connect to a LAN.
>    I'm kinda stumped. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

>         Thanks Matt

1. PPP Help Needed For Connecting with ISP Via Dedicated Addr.

Much deleted.

Try putting your 'pppd' in the background by appending an ampersand to the
command line.

vern
--
Vernon C. Hoxie                                           scicom!zebra!vern

Denver, Colo., 80212        uucp: 303-455-2670          voice: 303-477-1780

2. Driver for Trident 975 Video chip/Board

3. Still having PPP ,isp connect problems, please help me !!

4. pthread and clone

5. HELP: Connecting to ISP with PPP

6. lilo problem - kernel too big - not!

7. Help with PPP to connect to netcom ISP under redhat 5.0

8. Help: tar can't open /dev/nst0

9. HELP: Connecting to ISP with PPP

10. Can anyone help me connect to ISP by ppp?

11. Help with connecting with ISP in PPP

12. Connecting LAN to ISP with PPP - help

13. Need Help connecting to my ISP with modem