PPP Question - Dial-Up permission

Post by Rock E. Racco » Sat, 13 Mar 1999 04:00:00

The stupid situation:

I could only create my PPP setup as root.

Now, to use the dialin I have to be root.

Stupid question:

How do I set it so my USER can run the PPP-go program.

I'm running Slackware 2.0.34

Thanks

RockStupid question:

PPP Question - Dial-Up permission

Post by Phi » Sat, 13 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>I could only create my PPP setup as root.

>Now, to use the dialin I have to be root.

>How do I set it so my USER can run the PPP-go program.

log in as root, then do chmod 4755 PPP-go.

Phil

1. 2.3 -> 2.7 via Dial-up (Re: CVS over 'dropping' dial-ups)

You are better off borrowing/buying/stealing a CD and loading a fresh 2.7
install.
From what I've heard, there are issues with upgrading via CVS.  Plus, it's
_SLOW_.
Trust me. If you don't have the cash (US $30, I believe) you could probably
ask
somebody to copy their 2.7 CD for you (hint,hint).  Of course, buying the CD
makes
OBSD 2.8 and higher a possibility, which is a Good Thing.

Good luck.

2. RedHat 5.2 -- can't configure sound card

3. Linux as dial-up ppp server for Win95 dial-up problem

4. Nat and flow redirect

5. Red Hat Linux PPP dial-up question

6. usb question..

7. ppp dial-up question

8. Sun's webserver

9. Question about inbound PPP dial-up

10. HOWTO: becoming a dial-up PPP server, enabling PPP login?

11. Can a solaris w/s be configured for PPP dial-out AND PPP dial-in?

12. permissions for PPP dial out

13. Shape Ups,Men's Shape Ups,Men's Skechers Shape Ups - new styles!