Removing Linux RAID

Post by Akop Pogosia » Wed, 16 Jan 2002 04:35:16

How do I go about removing a software RAID device from my system
configuration if I don't need to use it any more? Is there something
like "rmraid" command? The device was created using the
"persistent-superblock" option by the way.

--
Akop Pogosian

This space has been accidentally left blank.

Removing Linux RAID

Post by Peter T. Breue » Wed, 16 Jan 2002 04:54:52

> How do I go about removing a software RAID device from my system
> configuration if I don't need to use it any more? Is there something

Unmount it, run raidstop on the device, comment out its entry in
/etc/raidtab, remove references to it in /etc/fstab, and there you are.

Quote:> like "rmraid" command? The device was created using the
> "persistent-superblock" option by the way.

And munge the fs types on the contributing devices in the partition table
while you're at it, so they're not "auto-configured" at boot time.

Peter

1. Removing Software Raid 1 from Linux

I currently have Red Hat 7.3 and I've setup Software Raid-1 between
two IBM 80 gig drives - hdb and hdc.  All works well, but it's a bit
slower then I'd like, so I want to go back to two independent drives.
How do I remove software raid from my system?

I mainly installed Software Raid for some redundancy and to see how
easy it was... and though it's working great, it is just a bit slower
then I expected when writing large chunks of data to the drive.

I've been reading online and I can find no howto's or docs showing
this.  ANy help would be appriciative.

Thanks,

Keegan

2. radeon.ko missing mmu_cr4_features

3. RAID RAID RAID

4. missing codecs for vcr

5. Raid performace issues (Raid 5 vs. Raid 0+1) with database files

6. Press Release: Sidewinder Security Strikes Back

7. Installing Linux on a RAID array using the Promise PDC20276 ATA 133 RAID controller

8. Web Server Redirector for server failure tolerance

9. A question about Software-RAID: adding or removing disks jam the array

10. Linux software RAID mirroring eq. HPT370 RAID mirroring ?

11. removing SSA Raid Arrays

12. built-in IDE RAID vs. Linux-level RAID?

13. raid remove