The latest boot.img and supp.img failed

Post by Mark » Tue, 12 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Anyone knows how to make the latest boot.img and supp.img worked under
redhat updates?
I have just downloaded them and find that both were boot failed from
floppy whatever I made them by rawrite.exe in windows or dd in linux.

Thanks in advance,

The latest boot.img and supp.img failed

Post by Mark » Wed, 13 Jan 1999 04:00:00

After download again, it could be boot and useful.

> Anyone knows how to make the latest boot.img and supp.img worked under
> redhat updates?
> I have just downloaded them and find that both were boot failed from
> floppy whatever I made them by rawrite.exe in windows or dd in linux.

> Thanks in advance,

1. How can I expand boot.img and supp.img to a hard drive?

I'm working on installing Red Hat 4.2 on a Compaq Contura Aero, and I'm
having two major problems.

1.  The NIC I have doesn't seem to have a driver.  It's a PCMCIA 3Com
Etherlink III, 3C562B/3C563B.  Any suggestions how to get a driver or make
an existing driver work?

2.  The Aero only has one PCMCIA slot (cripes, my Newton MP2000 has more!).
In order to boot from floppy, I've got to occupy that slot with the floppy
drive's card.  IF I were able to get the NIC to work, I'd need to swap out
the cards hot.  Not a problem for PCMCIA, but it could be one for Linux at
this point, particularly with the unusual behavior of the floppy in the
Aero.

So, what I'd like to do is make it so I can start the setup program from the
hard drive and, with a working NIC, do a SMB install off a Windows box.  How
can I do this?

Regards,
  Jim

2. Software for gathering page load-time metrics?

3. Problem making diskettes with Red Hat 4.0 boot.img and supp.img

4. LinuxPPC Scilab

5. berolinux supp.img problems

6. GLX, Mesa and DRI

7. PB Rawriting supp.img or net.i

8. Problem for testing nsTestSample.cpp

9. Problem with RedHat Supp.img disk

10. Where can I downlaod supp.img?

11. Rawrite of supp.img in Redhat install

12. Supp.img

13. RH 8.0 boot fails using floppy and boot.img