SB 16 in COL 2.2

Post by Jeanette Russ » Tue, 01 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Can someone tell me how to set the SB 16 Vibra PNP card up in COL 2.2.  They
left how to do this out of the instructions?
Jeanette

SB 16 in COL 2.2

Post by Andy Jefferso » Tue, 01 Jun 1999 04:00:00

> Can someone tell me how to set the SB 16 Vibra PNP card up in COL 2.2.  They
> left how to do this out of the instructions?

I assume you mean kernel 2.2 ?

Anyway, I've got a SB AWE64 PnP so not really the same, but what I do is run
'pnpdump' to generate a file containing the Plug-n-Pray devices on the sound
card and then run 'isapnp' in the bootup to make these devices available.
You'll then need some basic Soundblaster 16 support options enabling in the
kernel. Sorry can't be more specific - I'd guess there is a PNP HOWTO
somewhere that will tell more.

HTH
--
Andy