mitsumi ATAPI 2x CDROM

Post by Jay Ts » Fri, 16 Jun 1995 04:00:00

I have a mitsumi 2X ATAPI cdrom drive and linux kernel 1.2.8.  How can I
tell which IDE interface my cd-rom drive is connected to?  I don't know
if it's primary or secondary or 1st or 2nd.  Is there a simple way to
tell?  I have a 1 gig IDE hard drive as well.  This is probably a stupid
question but any help is appreciated.  When I configure the cd and I ask
the setup to autoprobe for which interface it is connected to, it
reports that it doesn't find a cdrom drive.  If I could figure out which
one it's on I'll just force it set up there instead of trying to
autoscan for it.  Thanks

Jay Tsao

1. Mitsumi 2X CDROM and Kernel 1.1.81

Ugh...with my last kernel the CDROM was recognized as being already mounted or
busy or something like that, so I grabed 1.1.81 and compiled the sucker...and
after figuring out the funny location of the zImage, and installing it, I
rebooted. Then I booted again. and again just to make sure. This is what I'm
getting:

mount: /dev/mcd is not a valid block device

weeee! isn't this Linux stuff fun? Any Ideas out there?

-
     ~~     Matt Thompson       "I'm a 21st century digital boy,

      -                          I got a lot of toys"
   /"""\                             -some band, but I forget which

2. Trouble compiling ghostview for Solaris 2.3

3. Mitsumi 2X ATA IDE CDROM

4. RADIUS compile probs

5. Mitsumi 2x CDROM on SB-8 Pro ???

6. NFS server for linux setup

7. Help with Mitsumi 2X CDROM.

8. Went from SVGAlib1.12 to 1.21 and..

9. Mitsumi 2X CDROM problems

10. Mitsumi 2X CDROM

11. Support for NSCD-2X-P non-ATAPI CDROM

12. Aztech CDROM 2x (ATAPI/EIDE) problems

13. TEAC ATAPI-IDE CDROM (2X) on IBM 755CD...