How do I mount DOS floppy?

Post by Lu Ga » Fri, 14 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Hi, all,

Is there a driver in linux that allows me to mount a DOS floppy?

Any response will be greatly appreciated!

- Lu

How do I mount DOS floppy?

Post by Niels Basj » Sat, 15 Mar 1997 04:00:00

One day the lifeform known as Lu Gan decided that is was time to write:

Quote:>Is there a driver in linux that allows me to mount a DOS floppy?

mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /floppy

Grtz Niels

-----------------------------------
| Niels Basjes                    |

| http://www.wirehub.nl/~basjesn  |
| Check homepage for my PGP key   |
-----------------------------------

-----------------------------------
| "I doubt, therefore I might be" |
-----------------------------------

How do I mount DOS floppy?

Post by marc broch » Sat, 15 Mar 1997 04:00:00

> Hi, all,

> Is there a driver in linux that allows me to mount a DOS floppy?

mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /mnt -o rw
works if msdos fs support is included in your kernel, if not you must
recompile a new one and answer 'y' to  config_msdos_fs

How do I mount DOS floppy?

Post by Lu Ga » Sat, 15 Mar 1997 04:00:00

After my posting, I quickly got several answers. I'd say much quicker
than all the support I got from paid support services. :-) I sincerely
thank those who took their time to help me!

For reference, the answer to the question is:

mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /mountpoint [-o rw]

I tried this and it worked.

- Lu

> Hi, all,

> Is there a driver in linux that allows me to mount a DOS floppy?

> Any response will be greatly appreciated!

> - Lu

How do I mount DOS floppy?

Post by Panu Matilain » Sun, 16 Mar 1997 04:00:00

>Hi, all,

>Is there a driver in linux that allows me to mount a DOS floppy?

Uhh... nothing special about dos floppies: 'mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /mnt'
If you only want to copy a couple of files to/from it or something like
that, it will be easier to use mtools. Just try 'mdir' and friends.

Panu

Quote:

>Any response will be greatly appreciated!

>- Lu

How do I mount DOS floppy?

Post by Stephen J. Schi » Thu, 20 Mar 1997 04:00:00

> > Hi, all,

> > Is there a driver in linux that allows me to mount a DOS floppy?

> mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /mnt -o rw
> works if msdos fs support is included in your kernel, if not you must
> recompile a new one and answer 'y' to  config_msdos_fs

If you want to use a msdos floppy without mounting it there is a set of
tools called mtools that may already be on your distribution. If not you
can get the mtools fro sunsite. The path is
ftp://pub/Linux/utils/disk-management/mtools-3.2.src.tar.gz

* Stephen J. Schilt - Internet Easy             *
* Internet Training, Programming & Web Services *

* Tel:(714)641-4808 * Fax:(714)641-4804         *