X windows and Remote display problem

Post by Reboo » Sun, 01 Apr 2001 01:52:44

I have two linux boxes, one has a very cruddy trident video and the other
one has a good card.  I want to send my x displlay from the shitty display
to the one with the better display but i get connection refused by server.
Here is the exact error:

Xlib: connection to "kwesi:0.0" refused by server
Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server
Error: Can't open display: kwesi:0

Is there a config somewhere I need to set???

X windows and Remote display problem

Post by Duane Healin » Sun, 01 Apr 2001 19:26:54

On machine that will do the displaying (kwesi in your case):
$ xhost +somehost

--
-Duane
-DNAware SoftLabs

Post by Craig Kelle » Mon, 02 Apr 2001 02:02:38

> On machine that will do the displaying (kwesi in your case):
> $ xhost +somehost

That'll work on most distributions, but if you're running a more
"secure" (read: pain) distribution like Debian then you'll need to use
xauth.

--
It won't be long before the CPU is a card in a slot on your ATX videoboard