Help with sharing internet sharing on my win2k box

Post by M. Buchenried » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

>Hi
>I need help getting on the internet from my linux box.  The computer
>that is on the internet has win2k on it and I want get on the net
>through my lan.  How do I do this?

There are several possible ways to do that. Either use the Win2K
machine as a proxy, or setup NAT and IP Forwarding on it. Then
point the Linux box to be using the Win2K machine as gateway.
You could be using the ICS service as well, though this may be
a bit tricky to setup (it will only work with the local machine's
LAN IP being 192.168.0.1 and nothing else).

Michael

Post by Cosmo Krame » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi

I need help getting on the internet from my linux box.  The computer
that is on the internet has win2k on it and I want get on the net
through my lan.  How do I do this?

Greg

1. Win2K/RH 8 Network Share + Internet Share

Scott Tribble enlightened us with:

Google for 'samba' (file & printer sharing) and 'iptables' (firewall &
connection sharing). Also make sure you visit http://www.tldp.org/

Sybren
--
| Somebody ought to cross ball point pens with coat hangers so that |
| the pens will multiply instead of disappear.                      |

2. swap help

3. Internet sharing with 3 freebsd boxes (v4.3) and win2k

4. adaptec ava-2825 scsi board

5. 2 NIC Cards and Internet Sharing Help on RH 6.2 Box

6. Installing Redhat from /dev/fd1

7. no access to linux share from Win2k box

8. mountd - No default domain

9. Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) w/Win2K & Solaris 8 Intel

10. linux win2k network and internet sharing setup

11. redhat 6.1 + win2k +internet connection sharing = good clean fun?

12. Sharing shares across the Internet .. possible ??