THINKPAD IBM 560 APM

Post by Jont Alle » Mon, 23 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Olin
There is a apm x monitor. It shows the battery life left on the
screen. It is called xapm. It may be downloaded from
 ftp.cs.unc.edu /pub/users/faith/linux
or
tsx-11.mit.edu /pub/linux/packages/laptops/apm

By the way, cat the file
/proc/apm
and all the info is in there.

If you figure out the hibernation mode, let me know. I didn't
even try it. I just use suspend (fn-F4) which works just fine
for me.
jont allen

1. 5.1 on IBM Thinkpad 560 and IBM CDROM

I am trying to install RH 5.1 and I cannot get the installation
program to detect my CDROM. When I tell the program that the
media is on CDROM the CDROM driver reacts by starting to spin,
but then I get a question asking whether it is an 'SCSI' or 'other'
and all alternatives I try end up with no device found.

The CDROM driver is an IBM 1969011 with an IDE PCMCIA interface.

I have tried the boot options:
        linux hdX=cdrom    (X from a to d)
with no effect.

If anyone has a clue what I should try I would be most grateful.

Thanks,
        Tomas.

2. Solstice DiskSuite 4.0?

3. APM problems with RH6.0 Linux on Thinkpad 560

4. RS6000 automounter questions

5. Linux on a IBM ThinkPad 560

6. break in

7. IBM Thinkpad 560 and X

8. s3 trio 3d cards

9. Newbie: IBM Thinkpad 560 and Xfree86 3.2

10. Problem with IBM Thinkpad 560 and Raven PCMCIA CD-ROM

11. Linux on IBM Thinkpad 560?

12. XF86Config and IBM Thinkpad 560

13. Linux on IBM Thinkpad 560?