Mitsumi FX001D - no boot disk works - solved the problem!

Mitsumi FX001D - no boot disk works - solved the problem!

Post by Eric Sha » Sat, 04 May 1996 04:00:00

In a previous post, I wrote that neither mitsumi nor amitsumi would recoginize
my CD drive, with or without boot parameters. To the people that emailed me
with suggestions, thanks. Apparently, some Mitsumi drives are OK with the
current boot disk images, and others are not.

Since Red Hat's boot/image found the CD, I first tried the suggestion to
install Slackware from Red Hat. After much frustration, I gave that up. Each
distribution expects the CD and the target Linux partition to be in hard to
figure out places. Plus, I had to keep adding directories into the PATH to see
the correct programs, often causing other anomolies.

The suggestion to load Slackware from a DOS partition, just enough of it to be
able to build a new kernel, worked great :). Specifying Mitsumi and ISO9660
support when configuring the kernel work fine to see my CD.

 ______    _____ _               _
|  ____|  / ____| |             | |
| |__    | (___ | |__   __ _  __| | ___

|______| |_____/|_| |_|\__,_|\__,_|\___|

1. Mitsumi FX001D - no boot disk works!

I have the Mitsumi FX001D double speed with their proprietary interface, which
works fine under DOS. I have tried both mitsumi and amitsumi boot disks, but
neither can mount the CD. The error from the kernel while booting is:

mcdx: init() malloc failed

I am using Slackware 3.0, the December 95 edition. I specify the address and
IRQ address at the boot prompt.

Just for a test, I downloaded the Red Hat boot diskettes, and was able to
mount the CD from their shell. But I want to install Slackware, with the CD I
already bought.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

 ______    _____ _               _
|  ____|  / ____| |             | |
| |__    | (___ | |__   __ _  __| | ___

|______| |_____/|_| |_|\__,_|\__,_|\___|

2. Looking for [un]ARC 5.12.

3. Problems with my Mitsumi FX001D under the latest versions of FreeBSD

4. rpcbind, ttsession and Xsun: how to bind to loopback adaptor?

5. Problem with Mitsumi CD-ROM Drive FX001D

6. ppp running

7. Mitsumi FX001D and Linux problem

8. Alpha AXP Jensen and ttyS1

9. Problem with Mitsumi FX001D CDROM on SoundBlaster MCD16

10. Problem with mounting Mitsumi FX001D CD-ROM during installation of Slackware 2.0

11. 1.1.94 Kernel +NCR810 + Quantum LPS540 + Mitsumi 2x FX001D Problem

12. Funny Problems with Mitsumi FX001D

13. Mitsumi CDROM not working during intsall -- Solved