Road Runner News-Server and RH6.1/IP MASQ

Road Runner News-Server and RH6.1/IP MASQ

Post by billy go » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

All,

I got my Linux RH 6.1 Box up and running with eth0 talking to the cable
modem and eth1 talking to my Win98 box.

I want to FTP, ICQ, AIM(I understand this is an issue.), and MOST
importantly, I'd like to use the news-server setting for the Road Runner
Network.

Are their any URLs I can look at that speak to these issues.  The hottest
for me is the use of the news groups.  Can I have the Linux box 'proxy'
this setting?  Thanks alot

Steve

Road Runner News-Server and RH6.1/IP MASQ

Post by James Mone » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Got mine working on the W98 side just by configuring the W98 Netscape
program.  I think the server is "news-server".  Check the firewall HOWTO
regarding ipchains.

> All,

> I got my Linux RH 6.1 Box up and running with eth0 talking to the cable
> modem and eth1 talking to my Win98 box.

> I want to FTP, ICQ, AIM(I understand this is an issue.), and MOST
> importantly, I'd like to use the news-server setting for the Road Runner
> Network.

> Are their any URLs I can look at that speak to these issues.  The hottest
> for me is the use of the news groups.  Can I have the Linux box 'proxy'
> this setting?  Thanks alot

> Steve

Road Runner News-Server and RH6.1/IP MASQ

Post by Jiantoa Pa » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I am a linux newbie. Is there a How to guide for setting up Road runner
cable modem service under redhat linux 6.1?
Thanks a lot
-John

> Got mine working on the W98 side just by configuring the W98 Netscape
> program.  I think the server is "news-server".  Check the firewall HOWTO
> regarding ipchains.

> > All,

> > I got my Linux RH 6.1 Box up and running with eth0 talking to the cable
> > modem and eth1 talking to my Win98 box.

> > I want to FTP, ICQ, AIM(I understand this is an issue.), and MOST
> > importantly, I'd like to use the news-server setting for the Road Runner
> > Network.

> > Are their any URLs I can look at that speak to these issues.  The
hottest
> > for me is the use of the news groups.  Can I have the Linux box 'proxy'
> > this setting?  Thanks alot

> > Steve

Road Runner News-Server and RH6.1/IP MASQ

Post by StormKro » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

just set up your system to use DHCP.

Roadrunner doesn't require logging into the AMS server anymore...(at least it
doesn't in MOST markets)...there are still a few that require it...(I think
Miami is the only one that does anymore, but even they may've changed...)....I
guess they figured out that you can disable things from the cable box, rather
than have to worry about logon restrictions on the AMS server.....(and it's
easier to pay someone who knows just a little bit about routers, than it is to
pay some software monkey to maintain a database)

Post by Nickolaus Dek » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

>I am a linux newbie. Is there a How to guide for setting up Road runner
>cable modem service under redhat linux 6.1?
>Thanks a lot
>-John

check out http://www.austin.rr.com/twaustin/rrfaq.html#gq13.
what works for austin roadrunner subscribers should apply equally to roadrunner
subscribers in other cities. just adapt the information you find to your
specific settings.

ndekay
Furious activity is no substitute for understanding.
-- H. H. Williams

1. Road Runner News-Server and IP MasQ

All,

I got my Linux RH 6.1 Box up and running with eth0 talking to the cable
modem and eth1 talking to my Win98 box.

I want to FTP, ICQ, AIM(I understand this is an issue.), and MOST
importantly, I'd like to use the news-server setting for the Road Runner
Network.

Are their any URLs I can look at that speak to these issues.  The hottest

for me is the use of the news groups.  Can I have the Linux box 'proxy'
this setting?  Thanks alot

Steve

2. strtok

3. Linux (RH6.1) Setup & Road Runner

4. Anybody seen daemonnews.org?

5. PUMP & RH6.2 & Road Runner

6. dma_intr: error

7. Running a server through Road Runner cable modem

8. Linux system configuration tool

9. Road Runner Cable Modem

10. FreeBSD 2.2, Road Runner "cable modem", and so on

11. Linux / Cable Modem / Road Runner Sevice Problems

12. Setup for Mediaone road runner one way cable modem on linux (suse 6.4)

13. Road Runner Cable Modem