Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Chan Wai Hon » Sat, 13 Oct 2001 23:52:35

In my computer, there are two HDs. One is used to install OS and the others
is used to save data (The format of the data HD is FAT 32). When I install
Redhat 7.1 to the first HD, I select auto format. My two HDs have formatted
to Linux partition. So I lose all of my data. Can I unformat the second HD
to obtain my data.  Or Do I have any solution to obtian my data.
Please help and send email to me
Thanks

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by <k.. » Sun, 14 Oct 2001 03:40:08

> In my computer, there are two HDs. One is used to install OS and the others
> is used to save data (The format of the data HD is FAT 32). When I install
> Redhat 7.1 to the first HD, I select auto format. My two HDs have formatted
> to Linux partition. So I lose all of my data. Can I unformat the second HD
> to obtain my data.  Or Do I have any solution to obtian my data.
> Please help and send email to me
> Thanks

You have good backups, right?
Once the disk is formatted there's nothing you can do to recover the
data without using some very expensive equipment.

KL

Post by Bob » Sun, 14 Oct 2001 04:57:09

I have been able to recover data using Norton Utilities after formatting my
HD. The drive was formatted over with a new Fat32 format I do not no if this
matters. If you have Norton Make a utilities Disk and then boot using the
disk and I think the util is called unformat. It take a while on large disks
and it just names the folders dir1, dir2,dir3..... So you have to go through
1 at a time and find your data but data in the same folders will be in the
same dir.....Good luck......

Quote:> In my computer, there are two HDs. One is used to install OS and the