Difference between optical and non optical (balled) mouse

Difference between optical and non optical (balled) mouse

Post by Salih YILM » Fri, 24 May 2002 18:08:38

Hi all,
When I changed my mouse from balled to an optical one,
It didn't work well in my RedHat 6.2.

The problem is that the mouse cursor does not move at all if I move
my optical mouse very slowly. But it was working fine the balled one.

How to solve ?
Thanks in advance,
Salih.

Post by Peter T. Breue » Fri, 24 May 2002 20:28:57

> The problem is that the mouse cursor does not move at all if I move
> my optical mouse very slowly. But it was working fine the balled one.
> How to solve ?

Move your mouse faster.

(or adjust the various thresholds with xset)

Peter

Difference between optical and non optical (balled) mouse

Post by Sam » Sat, 25 May 2002 04:20:48

Quote:> Hi all,
> When I changed my mouse from balled to an optical one,
> It didn't work well in my RedHat 6.2.

> The problem is that the mouse cursor does not move at all if I move
> my optical mouse very slowly. But it was working fine the balled one.

Normally there are no differences in the configuration between an optical
and a non-optical one. Actually I installed my system with a non-optical
mouse and just switched to an optical one on reboot, without changing
anything.

Sam