Need a recomendations for Supported DVD-ROM and CD-RW in Redhat Distributions

Need a recomendations for Supported DVD-ROM and CD-RW in Redhat Distributions

Post by Tapas Guh » Thu, 02 Aug 2001 00:12:33

Hi all,

I am trying to built a PC for Redhat Linux 7.02. Wondering if anyone has a
recomendation for supported DVD-ROM and CD-RW ?
Thanx

Post by C.J. » Thu, 02 Aug 2001 07:35:38

> Hi all,

> I am trying to built a PC for Redhat Linux 7.02. Wondering if anyone has a
> recomendation for supported DVD-ROM and CD-RW ?
> Thanx

Hi,

I have a Toshiba SD-M1212, an IDE DVD-ROM, and it works fine under Linux. I
think all IDE DVDs do, but I'm not sure.

About CD-RW, I don't know. I've just buyed an Sony CRX160E which someone's
told me works fine under Linux, but haden't got the time to try it yet.

C. J.

Post by David Efflan » Thu, 02 Aug 2001 12:03:25

> Hi all,

> I am trying to built a PC for Redhat Linux 7.02. Wondering if anyone has a
> recomendation for supported DVD-ROM and CD-RW ?
> Thanx

> cat /proc/scsi/scsi (SCSI Emulation of ATAPI drive)

Attached devices:
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
  Vendor: TOSHIBA  Model: DVD-ROM SD-R1002 Rev: 1034
  Type:   CD-ROM                           ANSI SCSI revision: 02

This drive does both, not the quickest for CD burning, but can also play
DVD (xine) and mount DVD-ROM (read only).  Although, it is on a realively
slow box (K6-2/400 eq to P233 speed) which drops about 1/2 the DVD images.

--
David Efflandt  (Reply-To is valid)  http://www.de-srv.com/

Need a recomendations for Supported DVD-ROM and CD-RW in Redhat Distributions

Post by Franklin L. Ab » Thu, 02 Aug 2001 12:38:32

this way you can be sure what hardwares are compatible for the OS.

> Hi all,

> I am trying to built a PC for Redhat Linux 7.02. Wondering if anyone has a
> recomendation for supported DVD-ROM and CD-RW ?
> Thanx

1. Sony CD-RW/DVD-ROM CRX320E

I just bought a new CD burner, Sony CD-RW CRX320E.  I'm running
Slackware 10.0 with kernel 2.4.26.  I installed the drive and it reads
CDs, but when I try to burn CDs it gives me errors.  It can't run in DAO,
so I tried TAO.  It then gives me a buffer underrun error.  It then
gives me unknown errors.  Does anyone know if this drive works in kernel
2.4 or do I need 2.6?

Selex

2. Network III

3. LG CD-RW and DVD-ROM

4. Solaris Installation question !!!

5. DVD-ROM and CD-RW under Linux

6. looking for good POP server

7. HP CD-Writer CD-R/RW+DVD-ROM (9900ci) works with Linux

8. How do I forward incoming mail to a mailserver??

9. DVD SCSI burner, I want DVD+RW, DVD-RW, DVD-RAM

10. DVD-RW/CD-ROM-RW

11. external cd-rom or dvd-rom for redhat 7.2

12. CD-RW support specifically with NEC NR 7700A CD-RW drive

13. Need CD-RW and video card recomendations...