USB port & modem

Post by Don Hin » Wed, 24 Jan 2001 23:21:52

How do I tell Linux (LM 7.2,  KDE) that a modem will be on the USB port and
not a serial port?

  thanks
          Don

USB port & modem

Post by Bob Marti » Thu, 25 Jan 2001 10:59:53

> How do I tell Linux (LM 7.2,  KDE) that a modem will be on the USB port and
> not a serial port?

>   thanks
>           Don

You'll need to upgrade to a kernel with USB support, 2.2.18 or
2.4.0. check www.linux-usb.org for details.
--

Bob Martin

USB port & modem

Post by Don Hin » Thu, 08 Feb 2001 23:59:01

I'm at work, but I'm pretty sure I'me using a late kernel 2.2.1b or later.
There is a ton of USB stuff in the /usb/ directory including 'tty'  things. But
I have no clue how to tell LM 7.2 to look for the USB port instead of a serial
port. It comes up with Serial, ISDN etc but no USB.

I have only one serial port, so if I could replace TTYs1 and TTYs2 with the
two USB ports in a setup file then it might work?

       Don

Quote: