Smoothwall 1.0 Error on floppy Install (Error 0x10)

Smoothwall 1.0 Error on floppy Install (Error 0x10)

Post by J We » Thu, 23 Jan 2003 07:50:13

I am doing the http/ftp install of Smoothwall 1.0. After inserting
Floppy and allowing machine to boot I receive the message about Smooth
wall and the am prompted with the : 'Press RETURN to begin the
installation process.'

I press return and get:
BOOT:

It cranks away for a while and then I receive:
Error 0x10

Has anyone ever heard of this problem or experienced it? I don't think
it's the floppy.

Machine Details:
Old HP
Celeron 366
64 meg RAM
2 NICs 1 on board, 1 is a Netgear.

I don;t think the hardware is the problem because I am not even
getting to the prompt for the driver disk.

Thanks!

1. Original boot floppy: error 0x10

I just got the 1.2 meg "bare" file for Slackware 2.2.0.  I used
rawrite to build a 5 1/4 inch floppy boot disk.  After I get the boot:
prompt, I press enter, and after accessing the diskette a moment, it
comes back and says: Error 0x10, then prompts me with: Boot: ramdisk.

I get the same error with the other two images on the disk.  One is
mount, (the command I tried is: mount root=/dev/fd0).

I'm running on a 386 with 8 meg.  I got the boot image file as well as
the gzip and rawrite utilities from tsx-11.mit.edu.

--Milton--

2. ATI Xpression problems. Anyone?

3. Error 0x10 on Slackware Floppy boot?? Help

4. Will NT replace UNIX??

5. What is floppy boot error 0x10?

6. AuthGroupFile

7. boot error 0x10 (where can I find error code descriptions?)

8. LILO installation --- ???

9. Install boot disk error 0x10

10. Redhat Linux 5.2 Install: Error 0x10

11. Smoothwall GPL 1.0 Install Hangs

12. Install SuSE on a 486---Getting "Error 0x10"

13. Install error on G3: "error unpacking archive: unknown error"