Key bindings

Post by Bob Liesenfel » Sat, 03 May 1997 04:00:00

Hi,
  My backspace, arrow, del, and so on  keys work fine in xterm. However, when I
launch 'wish' from an xterm to practice running Tcl/Tk commands, bs doesn't
work, and arrow keys and others are all screwed up. I 'think' this has something
to do with carrying the key bindings over to the wish prompt, but I'm not sure.
I have read the man pages, but no go. Any ideas?
Thanks!
--
Genuine E-mail From the Land of the Everlasting Icicle...
Bob Liesenfeld

1. KDE 2.X key binding to Multimedia Keys

Does anyone know of a way/hack to bind all those Multimedia key to
actions (or programs)
under KDE. I run XFree86 4.1 and have my keyboard defined as chicony.
Under xev all buttons
are defined and get the proper tag when pressed, i.e.
XF86AudioRaiseVolume, XF86HomePage etc.
I only have Funtion keys 1-12 so someone's suggestion to start
defining these bindings to F13
on up wouldn't do me any good, I can't depress the key so I can't
bind it. Same thing for someone
else's suggestion to create new entries under system with the menu
editor and bind the entries.
Can't do that eithier. Pressing the key shows undefined. I have
attempted Hotkeys but the latest
version segfaults and really don't care to upgrade 2 different
packages just to get 1 stinkin
prgram to work. I run Slackware (current). I can get the keys to bind
(or at least get recognized)
under Enlightenment, but never really run it. It's KDE i'm interested
in. If anyone can point me
to some resource (besides KDE help, been there, done that) or make
some suggestions that haven't been
tried before, it would be greatfully appreciated. TIA.

2. How to install Imation external SuperDrive?

3. key-binding in emacs

4. S3_virge problemes with XFree 3.3.3

5. key binding problem

6. XFree86 6.1

7. ISO VT320 emulator with key-bindings for Oracle Forms

8. Desperate Help with /lib Needed!!

9. Applixware - key bindings are braindead

10. "unclutter windows" shortcut key binding?

11. define key bindings in fvwm2

12. tcsh key bindings

13. X and mc Key bindings