FTP Port

Post by m. dan » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi All,

I am using RedHat 6.0. I need to change to FTP default port to something
else.

How do I go about doing it?

Thanks in advance for your prompt attention.

Mick :--)))

FTP Port

Post by Oliver D. Bedfo » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> Hi All,

> I am using RedHat 6.0. I need to change to FTP default port to something
> else.

> How do I go about doing it?

  You could change /etc/services but I doubt this
is a good idea.

  Or you could run ftpd as a standalone daemon (and disable it in
/etc/inetd.conf) with the appropriate parameters (see man ftpd).

  But why do you need to change the default?

  Oliver

1. passive ftp connection to nonstandard ftp port

Hi there

My problem is, that i cannot do a passive connection from my linux box
to an ftp server which doens't run a standard port.

I can connect to the ftp with my ncftp client. But if i do an 'ls' it
says:

ncftp / > ls List failed. No route to host.

And yes, i'm behind a NAT router. The ftp server also. If i connect
from my Windows XP Laptop, it works without problems. That's kind of
weird for me.

My Route: linux client -- nat router -- {internet} -- nat router --
server

It works with Windows, i don't understand why it doesn't work with
linux. I've a Zyxel Prestige 310 Router. Port forwarding is set up to
forward to my linux box per default. If it isn't the connection from
Windows doesn't work.

Has this something to do with the ip_conntrack part in my kernel? I
use 2.6.5, homebrewed gentoo.

Thanks for the advice.

Cheers

2. add sound SB16

3. FTP Port

4. 24-7 Freecall ISP setup (UK)

5. 5.1 FTP PORTS HELP

6. Unable to print to IPP printer through linux firewall

7. hi, ftp port forwarding fails.. pls help me....

8. dpmi and R5

9. Netscape ftp, port numbers and ipfwadm

10. Someone was hammering my FTP port

11. Disabling FTP ports

12. Howto close telnet and ftp ports on one interface only.

13. protecting ftp port