How to setup secure port (proxy) for Konqueror of Redhat 7.1?

How to setup secure port (proxy) for Konqueror of Redhat 7.1?

Post by Huy V » Sun, 20 May 2001 11:11:53

Hi all,

I found the place to setup proxy for Konqueror on my PC Redhat 7.1 but it
doesn't have the setting for secure port as IE/Netscape Commucator.

So I have to stop to use Konqueror and use Netscape Communicator for
browsing internet instead of.

My PC Redhat is under proxy and firewall stuffs.

Thanks in advance for any advise.

DH.

Post by Rasmus B?g Hanse » Mon, 21 May 2001 02:41:40

> I found the place to setup proxy for Konqueror on my PC Redhat 7.1 but it
> doesn't have the setting for secure port as IE/Netscape Commucator.

No, konqueror won't let you proxy https.

Quote:> So I have to stop to use Konqueror and use Netscape Communicator for
> browsing internet instead of.

Why are so eager to proxy https? It is normally not used a lot in
comparison with http.

Rasmus

--
God put me on earth to accomplish a certain number of things.