Newby need help with installation

Post by Marc Poul » Mon, 15 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Hi  , I've recently purchased RedHat 5.1 and I'm unable to install.

My system is a PII 233Mhz, 6.4 Gig HD 32Fat,1 partition W95, CDROM, 64 Meg,
Matrox Millenium 4Meg,

My intention is to have W95, OS2, Linux , and possibly one other Operating
System.

Any recommendation or advise would be appreciated.

Newby need help with installation

Post by Atarax » Mon, 15 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Marc Poulin cracked the ice around my prison with these words:
|Hi  , I've recently purchased RedHat 5.1 and I'm unable to install.
|
|My system is a PII 233Mhz, 6.4 Gig HD 32Fat,1 partition W95, CDROM, 64 Meg,
|Matrox Millenium 4Meg,
|
|My intention is to have W95, OS2, Linux , and possibly one other Operating
|System.
|
|Any recommendation or advise would be appreciated.

Can you tell us what the problem is?

--

 Official Defunct Poet of alt.books.m-lackey
 Proud Red Hat Linux user

1. Newby needs help getting to the WWW from Linux

I have Slackware 2.3 (I know it's old).
Got it set up without much fuss (note: I use OS/2, so fuss is not new to me).
I want to set up to dial into my ISP and surf.
Could a samaritan mail me with some quick steps for getting Linux set up for the WWW? So far,
I have been able to get DIP to dial my provider. After that ... what? I don't seem to have
a browser on my disc.

'Ppreciate any help.

Marko, Ottawa

2. Using kermit when not logged in as root

3. Newby need help finding CDROM drive

4. Win95+NT+Redhat5.0=HELP

5. Newby needs help

6. Keyboard/mouse frozen in X

7. Linux Newby in need of help!

8. Linux Bug: SIGPIPEs at Will?

9. Newby needs help choosing between Slackware and Redhat or any others

10. ..Another Linux newby needs HELP!!!!!!

11. Word processing with Linux (newby needs help)

12. Newby needs help on installing RPMs...