accessing Apache/Samba subdirs

Post by Samm » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi!
I'm trying to access files based on a Linux Apache/Samba-Server using
Win98 (Browser/Explorer).
In both cases /usr/local/httpd/htdocs is defined as 'ServerRoot'
(Apache) / pupliced in smb.conf (Samba). With this dir, everything is
fine. But both servers are denying access to subdirs.

Anybody who can help me in any case (or both ;-)) ?!

Thanks,
Sammy

accessing Apache/Samba subdirs

Post by Robie Bas » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

On Wed, 17 May 2000 18:40:31 +0200, Sammy said:

Quote:>Hi!
>I'm trying to access files based on a Linux Apache/Samba-Server using
>Win98 (Browser/Explorer).
>In both cases /usr/local/httpd/htdocs is defined as 'ServerRoot'
>(Apache) / pupliced in smb.conf (Samba). With this dir, everything is
>fine. But both servers are denying access to subdirs.

>Anybody who can help me in any case (or both ;-)) ?!

Check that the samba user and the apache user (or whatever they
respectively run under) have permissions to access the directory.

Robie.
--

1. accessing Apache/Samba subdirs

Hi!
I'm trying to access files based on a Linux Apache/Samba-Server using
Win98 (Browser/Explorer).
In both cases /usr/local/httpd/htdocs is defined as 'ServerRoot'
(Apache) / pupliced in smb.conf (Samba). With this dir, everything is
fine. But both servers are denying access to subdirs.

Anybody who can help me in any case (or both ;-)) ?!

Thanks,
Sammy

2. Help setting up termcap

3. subdir problems with 2.5.69 and samba 3.x

4. M4 -- custom functions

5. Apache w/Frontpage98 exts, how to get rid of _vti_xxx subdirs

6. NFS help...where?

7. Apache not parsing SSI in subdirs

8. fax-back for SCO OS5

9. Can't serve subdirs after Apache upgrade

10. apache: subdir with password?

11. config Apache to see cgi-bins in user subdirs?

12. How to unprotect a subdir of a protected dir (Apache 1.1.1) ?

13. Help understanding DNS to route Apache users to a subdir on another site