HELP! - CLOS hangs after install

Post by Rodney Coope » Tue, 27 Mar 2001 10:35:10

I just installed a drive with Corel Linux OS Deluxe installed. It hangs when
it gets to the start screen and if you select Maint,Expert, or VGA mode i
get "root fs not mounted" and hangs.

Also if I try to reinstall - the computer keeps rebooting.  Computer meets
all requirements - the only if is a Sounblaster PCI512 soundcard.

Does anyone have a work around?

1. install of CLOS cd-ROm and operating system once installed

I've installed and completed  CD-Rom of CLOS.  I'am now stuck because I do
not know how to access from DOS mode that allows for Linux and windows
compatability.  Very frustrated, because I do not have a grat deal of
computer experience.  Basically, how do I get to Linux.  Corel customer
service not very helpful. Mentioned something about F8 and entering cdl
prompt but operator couldn't spend any time to cover.  So basically, I've
spent $40.00 to explore Linus=x and now stuck in mud.  Please help if you
have time, kindness, and patience.

2. Help with configuring modem

3. Installing Qt in CLOS

4. NEED TAPEDRIVE Recommendation

5. Jfs problems

6. Informix problems afters Y2K Solaris 2.5 patch

7. Sco Open Server 5 calendar daemon

8. callback, ppp, and morning-afters

9. SCSI Bus Hangs (was OSR5.0.2 Install Hangs)

10. 4.7 install hangs (CD boot hangs when probing devices)

11. Compiling qt in CLOS

12. CLOS for Linux?