ATAPI CDRom on the IDE interface of a ESS Audiodrive 1868

ATAPI CDRom on the IDE interface of a ESS Audiodrive 1868

Post by Daniel Demu » Mon, 12 Jul 1999 04:00:00

HI!

I am trying to get my Pioneer DR-UA124X to run through the IDE interface on my
soundcard. I read in the Sound-HOWTO there is a driver for the Mad16+assorted
other cards, isb16 (IIRC). I was wondering whether there is a similar
driver/kernel module/whatever that works with the 1868.

It works fine under Win98, where the "Standard IDE Harddisk Controller" is
autodetected.

Any help would be appreciated.

Daniel

1. ESS Audiodrive ESS-1868 PnP w/ linux

Hey eveybody

I've got an ESS Audiodrive ESS-1868 plug-n-play soundcard.  I seem to
recall having had it work previously with linux just by specifying in
the kernel, SB16, IO=220, IRQ=7, DMA=1, MPU_IO=330 etc...but now it's
not so easy.  I'll probably have to do something like a pnpdump and all
that jazz, but i'm kind of new to pnp under linux, so i thought I'd save
the trouble by checking here...

Anyone sucecssfully setup this card under linux?  if so can you email me
pertinent info, like isapnp.conf settings, kernel config settings etc?
I miss it when asmail plays the gong when i get mail :-(

thanks,
scott

__
Scott M. Cooley      UIN : 512574
Cybertech Systems    PGP Key :

2. Thinkpad 700

3. ESS Audiodrive 1868 installation

4. Help with routing

5. ESS 1868 Plug and Play AudioDrive soundcard

6. Strange message in /var/log/

7. ESS AudioDrive 1868 soundcard

8. Help with ping program

9. ESS 1868 Plug and Play AudioDrive soundcard

10. RH 4.2, Mitsumi 4x CDROM on ESS 1868 Sound Card

11. ESS-1868 based soundcard

12. ESS soundcard (1868)

13. SOUND ESS 1868 DOESN'T WORK WITH REDHAT 5.2 ??????