PPP and PPP and PPP and PPP and PPP and HEADACHE

PPP and PPP and PPP and PPP and PPP and HEADACHE

Post by Luis Arangure » Mon, 14 Oct 1996 04:00:00

I made a trick .. instead of using chat to connect PPP like was in the
books
(that for me doesn't work) I used dip (it's the one that is supposed to be
used with SLIP connections) .. I make a script for dip so it connects using
PPP, and everything goes fine till I connect... After I connect the host
where i'm connected is Okay and everything seems to be Okay. but when I do
I simple ping to my own IP (not localhost but my assigned fixed IP) it says
unable to reach host.. I think the hardest thing to setup in linux is PPP
:( .. geee...

I have the Slackware 3.0 stuff... and I feel like i'm a newbie.. :(

Is out there any better FAQs or How-TOs for the PPP connections ???

bye !

--

NET-2-HOWTO at http://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux