newbie ? Desktop shortcuts

Post by Gail Hartl » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I have just installed WPO2000 to a suse 6.4. (after many grey hairs) and
would like to know how to get icon shortcuts on the desktop and shortcuts in
my application starter. I can open the programs with the console, but can't
seem to find any thing in the corel folder that i can click on that will
open the programs. Can someone help?

Thanks

newbie ? Desktop shortcuts

Post by Walter Zei » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

What window manager or desktop environment are you using?
If it is KDE (several others) you should be able to add shortcuts right-clicking
on the desktop and following the pop up menus.
On the other hand, if you can do this, you only have to search for the binary
file in your directories to assign it to the shortcut.
Regards.

> I have just installed WPO2000 to a suse 6.4. (after many grey hairs) and
> would like to know how to get icon shortcuts on the desktop and shortcuts in
> my application starter. I can open the programs with the console, but can't
> seem to find any thing in the corel folder that i can click on that will
> open the programs. Can someone help?

> Thanks

1. How to put an shortcut icon on the GNOME desktop for directory listing?

I want to put somehow a shortcut icon on the GNOME desktop.

When I (double)click on this shortcut icon the file explorer should be opened directly
in a certain directory (e.g. /usr/local/home/blah).

How can I create such a shortcut icon?

Sorry, maybe there is another expression for this in Linux GNOME

Matthew

2. ring a bell

3. ?Shortcut on fvwm-95 desktop

4. Indy Box: any reviews?

5. Desktop shortcuts

6. Dialup networking with Linux

7. desktop keyboard shortcuts: how to configure? (painful)

8. dumb tty question

9. How to assign a shortcut to each desktop?

10. desktop shortcut doesn't work

11. endlightenment & Gnome desktop Shortcut name

12. desktop shortcut question

13. How to add a shortcut to RH7.2/GNOME desktop