parallel port PCMCIA card reader

Post by bia.. » Thu, 22 Nov 2001 10:23:33

Has anyone setup a windows type parallel port card reader?
I have a camera-mate which works w/ Win (and also OS/2 DOS from drive a).
I don't see any way to get it to work in Linux (RH and SuSe)
Thanks, FXS

1. CompactFlash card- Imagemate Parallel Port Reader- how???

Sandisk is  apparently ducking the question: Why no DOS (or Linux)
drivers for their Parallel Port
CF card  reader: "Imagemate"?? Only Windoz, Windoz, ad infinitum! Yet
they produce DOS  drivers
for some of  their  other stuff  according to their website.
www.sandisk.com

Read the 'OEM' page and they discuss how compatible their cf cards
are  to  the DOS filesystem, etc.
The thought ocurrs to me that command-line access to the  cf  card may
be 'trivial'. Is there a scintilla
of truth to  this notion?? I.e., with the cardreader hooked to the
parallel port, perhaps Linux could access
the  cf card as an IDE device. Without  the cutsie icon on the desktop
like their program creates- convenient
but not reallly needed.

Any  thoughts or leads much appreciated.

Vacuo

_______________________________
Little-known fact: Dogs love carrots.
Yes,  I do need a new keeyboard!
_______________________________

2. kppp seg fault after kernel upgrade

3. Installing PCMCIA card reader into a paralel port.

4. MySQL question

5. parallel port printer and parallel port superdisk

6. How do you make a checksum file?

7. Multiple parallel ports/IRQ sharing/non-use of IRQ by parallel ports?

8. sendfax with Win NT & Win 95

9. Are there Parallel port CF reader drivers for linux?

10. Parallel port cd-reader/writer

11. Parallel port mmc reader/writer

12. Parallel Compact Flash Card Reader?

13. ActionTec (Premax) PCMCIA card reader?