1. System Commander problems (was Re: Possible to boot freebsd from system commander?)
I'm having the same problem at the moment. I've managed to get
through configuring my other items (NT, 95, DOS).
I've upgraded from 2.1.5 to 2.2.2, hoping the upgrade would shake
things loose and write a boot-sector to the drive I want to boot
FreeBSD on, but no luck. The symptom is a pop-up dialog (presented by
System Commander at boot time) that says the boot record is bogus (or
something like that).
Of course, I can still boot off my floppy (with Boot: sd(2,a)/kernel),
so I know there's something there that's bootable.
But, I'm having trouble understanding the three choices sysinstall
gives you for boot records. Can anyone give me a clue as to the
correct choice here if I've installed System Commander on the 1st
drive, and FreeBSD on my 3rd drive (and for what it's worth, on the
I used to multiboot using the NT loader using the method of compiling
a bood program from the FreeBSD src somewhere, creating a bootsec
program which I then deposited on Drive C: and then mucked with the NT
loader configuration to present the FreeBSD choice. But along with
reorganizing my big drive 1, I changed to System Commander to take
advantage of some of the other features SC has like partition-hiding
and multiple primary partitions on a single drive.
John Hight hight
SRI International sri.com
2. what if the handbook does not help?
3. Booting using lilo and system commander
4. Don't quite understand Samba and file sizes.
5. System Commander vs Boot Manager vs Lilo
6. ISDN card setup problems
7. Lilo and System Commander
8. how to construct the sk_buff structure by myself?
9. LILO w/& System Commander?
10. LI linux lilo system commander 2000 problem
11. Use of System Commander vs. LILO
12. Red Hat 4.2, LILO, and System Commander
13. Lilo -- System Commander = Confusion