Where do I find the Lilo user's manual?

Post by Jack A Walk » Wed, 21 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Where do I find the lilo users manual?

Please respond by email if possible -- my ISP doesn't subscribe to all the
linux groups.

Thanks

Jack Walker Mathematician/Software Engineer

Where do I find the Lilo user's manual?

Post by Rick Mantoot » Wed, 21 Jun 1995 04:00:00

There is a FAQ over at:
ftp.wit.com:/unix/linux/docs/faqs/LILO-FAQ

It's probably in a lot of other places, but they are usually busy.
This is a good MIRROR

Rick

>Where do I find the lilo users manual?

>Please respond by email if possible -- my ISP doesn't subscribe to all the
>linux groups.

>Thanks

>Jack Walker Mathematician/Software Engineer

Rick Mantooth

Quote: If it was easy, Anyone could do it!
Dictionary ---> MURPHY'S LAW: 1- See Mantooth

Where do I find the Lilo user's manual?

Post by Peter Chowl » Thu, 22 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>Where do I find the lilo users manual?
>Please respond by email if possible -- my ISP doesn't subscribe to all the
>linux groups.
>Thanks

        You should try looking for it on the Web first.  Do an InfoSeek search for
Lilo and see what you come up with.  Remember, though that InfoSeek is case
sensitive so use caps where appropriate!

        You can do InfoSeek searches from http://www2.infoseek.com

Good Luck
Peter
      PPPPPP      |Peter Chowla                        InfoSeek Corporation

  EE    EE    EE  |http://www.seas.upenn.edu/~pchowla  Santa Clara CA 95054
 EE     EE     EE |___________________________________________________________
AA     AAAA     AA|-----------------------------------------------------------
AA   AA AA AA   AA|     For the best Search Engine on the Web check out:
 CC CC  CC  CC CC |                http://www2.infoseek.com
  CCC   CC   CCC  |
   EEEEEEEEEEEE   |  For more information about InfoSeek, send email to:

Post by Joseph S. D. Y » Thu, 22 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>Where do I find the lilo users manual?

You can find a lot of documentation under /usr/lib/lilo/doc/, as well
as a few files in /usr/lib/lilo/ itself.  There's also a FAQ in the FAQ
directory - on the CD that's [something like] .../USR/DOC/FAQS/LILO,
but it didn't make it to the hard disk at which I'm looking.  The FAQ
doesn't answer as many questions as the full documentation, by far!