Monitor setup

Post by Cyril Plas » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I need the xconfigurator info for a Dell trinitron 17 in monitor, 1000HS
series

thanks
Cyril

1. RH5 & Monitor Setup

Just tried to use the Xconfigurator utility to begin setting up for
XWindows. When I got to the Monitor selection I was stumped. I have a
generic monitor so I chose Custom. I found that within the generic
selections a monitor of my horizonal sync rate was not listed.

The specs for my SVGA monitor are:

Resolution:        1024X768 max
Input Video Sync:  Horiz 30 - 50 KHz,  Vertical 47 - 104 Hz
Video Response:    65 MHz nominal

The lowest Horizontal rate listed in the Xconfigurator Custom
menu was 60Hz. If I am reading my specs right, mine is 50. The
RH instructions were pretty adamant about not selecting a rate
higher than what your monitors capabilites are. What can I do???

Also, the RH menu under custom said that you could input your
own specifications. However, I could find no menu option for
this. Anyone know anything about this?

2. running xvtdl w/o olvwm

3. Philip 104E monitor - Setup Linux 6.0 X-Windows Failed

4. Unix - Frequently Asked Questions (Contents) [Frequent posting]

5. differences in video card/monitor setup?

6. Performance Class Aug 21-25

7. monitor setup for Gateway2000 EV700 17"

8. Qtronix Bus Mouse & Linux. Compiled Kernal, No Success! :(

9. Samsung SyncMaster 17GLs monitor setup (X)

10. Help with Dual Monitor Setup

11. Need monitor setup info for Power Spec

12. monitor setup

13. How do I Repeat Monitor Setup on Yggdrasil