help building kernel: help need to pass module specifuc parameters to scsi card

help building kernel: help need to pass module specifuc parameters to scsi card

Post by robert somervill » Mon, 18 Jan 1999 04:00:00

specifically, i need to pass IRQ, etc to the APATPEC 152x
module,
how do I set this up, and where is it best documented,
Please RSVP to my email address also, thanks

 -bob

--
----------------------

----------------------

Post by Kenyon Ral » Mon, 18 Jan 1999 04:00:00

> specifically, i need to pass IRQ, etc to the APATPEC 152x module, how do I
> set this up, and where is it best documented

See 'man modprobe' and 'man insmod'.  Also see
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/modules.txt.

--

1. Need help with passing parameters to lilo

Okay, here's my problem:

I am using a Linux box with two ethernet cards.  In order to get Linux to
recognize both of them, I have to pass parameters to lilo.  Something like:
ether 5,0x300,0,1,eth0 10,0x340,eth1
I know the above is not correct, but I do have the exact syntax at home and
it works fine.  My question is:

How can I put this info into the lilo.conf file so I don't have to type this
every time I boot up?  I tried various permutations but couldn't get anything
to work.  Your help is greatly appreciated.

Btw, I am using kernel 1.x.x

Steven

2. Problem with patch to 2.0.35 CONFIG_ALPHA_BOOK1?

3. Help! Advansys 2930u SCSI module parameters

4. Making .bat-file in linux

5. error building kernel module for cirrus graphic card - kernel 2.5.68

6. netgroups

7. Need module (152x.o) for Kernel 1.2.13 for Adaptec 1520 SCSI card

8. Info on SCO's BOOT Manager?

9. Newbie, Installing Suse Linux, Need help with module parameters.

10. Building modules for binary dist. kernel - HELP (RH 7.2)

11. Help needed with building/loading modules (unresoled symbols best_memcpy)

12. Kernel Build Problem with aha152x SCSI module support

13. SCSI Help please I have read the SCSI How To(Still need help)