Sanyo-CD, HELP!!!

Post by Gil Monta » Sun, 01 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Hi,
I have a two years old sanyo X2 cdrom drive, which uses the clone
SoundBlaster panasonic interface.
I tried to install Redhat from the CD but it doesn't recognize it.
I tried to enter the command boot: linux sbpcd=0xXXX,soundblaster for
XXX=0x340, 0x320. Both didn't work.
Ofcourse, I set the jumpers on the soundblaster for the correct address
XXX before.
Can anyone help please ?

Gil.

Sanyo-CD, HELP!!!

Post by Li Dong Fen » Fri, 06 Dec 1996 04:00:00

> Hi,
> I have a two years old sanyo X2 cdrom drive, which uses the clone
> SoundBlaster panasonic interface.
> I tried to install Redhat from the CD but it doesn't recognize it.
> I tried to enter the command boot: linux sbpcd=0xXXX,soundblaster for
> XXX=0x340, 0x320. Both didn't work.
> Ofcourse, I set the jumpers on the soundblaster for the correct address
> XXX before.
> Can anyone help please ?

> Gil.

Hi Gil,
   I also have a sanyo cdrom drive, connected to a
soundblaster clone sound card with panasonic
interface. So I noticed the cdrom-howto:

   Sanyo CD model H94A should use a sjcd kernel
driver, not soundblaster driver. I don't know
if the Redhat kernel has this driver compiled
in, and I have not tried. Hope this can help.

Li.

Sanyo-CD, HELP!!!

Post by Rene Brach » Mon, 09 Dec 1996 04:00:00

>Hi,
>I have a two years old sanyo X2 cdrom drive, which uses the clone
>SoundBlaster panasonic interface.
>I tried to install Redhat from the CD but it doesn't recognize it.
>I tried to enter the command boot: linux sbpcd=0xXXX,soundblaster for
>XXX=0x340, 0x320. Both didn't work.
>Ofcourse, I set the jumpers on the soundblaster for the correct address
>XXX before.
>Can anyone help please ?
>Gil.

Hi,
is Your CDROM an ATAPI?
If so, try "hdd=........." instead of sbpcd=....."
Otherwise make a differnt boot disk. /The readme file on your cd
should tell you which one to use.
Rene

Sanyo-CD, HELP!!!

Post by Sean Lickfol » Mon, 09 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> Hi,
> is Your CDROM an ATAPI?
> If so, try "hdd=........." instead of sbpcd=....."
> Otherwise make a differnt boot disk. /The readme file on your cd
> should tell you which one to use.
> Rene

I'm having the same problem with my Philips LMS CDROM (cm206cd). You say
to make a different boot disk, but RedHat only has the one. How do I
make another boot disk, and what readme are you talking about? Thanks!
:)
--