Turtle Beach Montego-II on Dell for RH 6.2!!??

Turtle Beach Montego-II on Dell for RH 6.2!!??

Post by ibm.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi, there:

My Dell PC has an OEM Turtle Beach Montego-II sound card. It used to
work well on RH6.0 with kernel 2.2.5. Lately I upgrade to RH 6.2, also
upgrade kernel to 2.2.17. (BTW, I don't want to use RH7.0 at all.)

For the sound card works, I download the driver which is aureal 1.1.1
version (also tried the other earlier versions, results are the same).
Follow the instructions (such as 'disable the PnP option in
bios', 'compile kernel to support sound, not in module'), and when I
do 'make install20' (or install, install30), error is always 'device is
busy'. I don't know what's going on. I tried this on both text mode and
Gnome.

The README file said that this 'device busy' error maybe caused by 'PnP
support in BIOS'. But I did turn it off!

Did anyone successfully config this card under 2.2.17 on RH6.2?
I don't know if this error is related to 2.2.17. And I'm considering to
try on 2.2.16.

BTW, I don't think I got any mistake to compile the kernel. 'cause the
module for my 3com NIC works fine, the other stuff also work like a
champ, such as video card, PPPoE.

Any suggestions or help?

Thnx a lot!!!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Turtle Beach Montego-II on Dell for RH 6.2!!??

Post by ibm.. » Wed, 15 Nov 2000 11:56:10

got it!
The README file is wrong. I should use 'make install' instead of 'make
install20'. Now it works on 2.2.17.

This card is au8830, NOT 8820 as doc mentions.