Question about inbound PPP dial-up

Post by Ben Frazi » Wed, 12 Jun 1996 04:00:00

I've got a linux box running 2.0 (with associated upgrades).  I hooked
a modem up to it and would like to be able to dial it up while I'm on
the  road via PPP.  So far, I setup an agetty process on that port,
and it answers, and let's me login via shell.  Would somebody mind
pointing me in the right direction as far as how to change it from a
shell login to a PPP login???  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks...

1. 2.3 -> 2.7 via Dial-up (Re: CVS over 'dropping' dial-ups)

You are better off borrowing/buying/stealing a CD and loading a fresh 2.7
install.
From what I've heard, there are issues with upgrading via CVS.  Plus, it's
_SLOW_.
Trust me. If you don't have the cash (US $30, I believe) you could probably
ask
somebody to copy their 2.7 CD for you (hint,hint).  Of course, buying the CD
makes
OBSD 2.8 and higher a possibility, which is a Good Thing.

Good luck.

2. Yggdrasil's Plug-and Play Install

3. Linux as dial-up ppp server for Win95 dial-up problem

4. ifconfig aliases

5. Red Hat Linux PPP dial-up question

6. X server for Velocity 3D (STB) card? (first attempt at Redhat)

7. Win95 PPP client script help needed --> SCO-5 dynamic inbound PPP

8. Q: Duplicated rows in access log ?

9. PPP Question - Dial-Up permission

10. ppp dial-up question

11. HOWTO: becoming a dial-up PPP server, enabling PPP login?

12. Can a solaris w/s be configured for PPP dial-out AND PPP dial-in?

13. Shape Ups,Men's Shape Ups,Men's Skechers Shape Ups - new styles!