USING CLOS

Post by BVG » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I really start to panic at this moment? After installing linux i lost 2
mayor partitions. They are recover with the help of svend olaf mikkelsen.
Those were fat partitions. Now my swap is lost. At least the ID of it.

In the mean time I just fooled around in linux, changing resolutions and so.
When I restarted X I got the blinking starting KDE.

All of u advice me that I should get at lilo prompt (which is at expert mode
in CLOS) and then type linux 3, or linux single. Then log in as root and
type Xconfigurator, XF86config or XF86setup. The linux 3 or linux single is
to by pass runlevel, so you get an textprompt as boot. All I see is
Corellinux: And thats it.

When I get the login my screen starts blinking. typing is allmost
impossible. I can type root, but cause the password is not visible it's not
possible to type in the correct one. I am also not able to see my partitions
cause I had this problem with them.

I really begin to think I have to start all over again. And I really, really
do NOT like that. If that should happen I'm gonna take Mandrake 7.

Well, is there someone who can help me? I'm complete new at linux, and
especially at the text typing prompt etc. Please help me

1. Compiling qt in CLOS

When installing qt in my CLOS box I get this error message.
Can someone help?

g++  -c -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/local/qt-2.3.0/include
-I/usr/X11R6/include
-pipe -O2 -fPIC -DQT_BUILTIN_GIF_READER=0
-DQT_NO_IMAGEIO_JPEG -DQT_NO_IMAGEIO_MNG
-I/usr/local/qt-2.3.0/src/3rdparty/zlib
-I/usr/local/qt-2.3.0/src/3rdparty/libpng  -o
kernel/qpsprinter.o kernel/qpsprinter.cpp
In file included from kernel/qapplication.h:45,
                 from kernel/qpsprinter.cpp:73:
kernel/qtranslator.h:145: syntax error before `('
In file included from kernel/qpsprinter.cpp:75:
kernel/qimage.h:186: syntax error before `('
kernel/qpsprinter.cpp: In function `void
emitPSFontNameList(QTextStream &, const QString &, const
QStringList &)':
kernel/qpsprinter.cpp:2169: no matching function for call to
`QStringList::join
(const char[4]) const'
make[2]: *** [kernel/qpsprinter.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/qt-2.3.0/src'
make[1]: *** [sub-src] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/qt-2.3.0'
make: *** [init] Error 2

2. Newbie: pthread_create compilation error

3. Installing Qt in CLOS

4. Netatalk log files?

5. CLOS for Linux?

6. where can i find info on /dev/md

7. HELP! - CLOS hangs after install

8. Term 119 and Die Out

9. CLOS for Linux

10. CLOS and X on RS6000?

11. Installing Qt in CLOS

12. install of CLOS cd-ROm and operating system once installed